Serving the cities of Belmont, Foster City, and San Mateo, the San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department is responsible for the annual defensible space inspection of parcels, in multiple cities. These picturesque communities are comprised of urban centers, hillside estates, grasslands, oak woodlands, and panoramic views.
With 40 square miles of combined area and a total of 165,000 people, gaining compliance was a difficult and daunting task each year. Reaching full compliance depended on implementing a more efficient, flexible, and effective fire inspection solution.
Using the 3Di Engage platform, 3Di deployed a cloud based WUI inspection solution which supports:
- More efficient field inspections. Inspectors can quickly document high-risk parcels in non-compliance on mobile devices. They simply drag and drop WUI violation icons onto the satellite view of the parcel to automatically generate notices, statistics, and reports—streamlining the inspection process to maximize the agency’s limited resources.
- Beginning-to-end defensible space inspection case management. Inspectors can manage cases from the season’s initial notice of inspection all the way to full compliance. 3Di offers a complete solution, inclusive of every stakeholder in the process.
- Codebook integration. Inspectors can easily add and update local and regional codes, quickly reference other standards like the IFC and NFPA codes, view proposed remedies, and adjust related workflows.
- Easy access to property inventory. Inspectors have access to an accurate, real-time parcel inventory and owner-of-record data, ensuring they are armed with the vital information they need to perform their job.
- More productivity, improved customer service. Without the need to report to the office, this systemic and paperless solution empowers inspectors with more time for inspections and customer service.
- Personalized notices and reports. 3Di supports notices and reports personalized for each city that San Mateo Consolidated Fire Department serves.
Learn more about the impact the 3Di Engage platform can empower for your organization.